Halloween is just around the corner and conveniently falls on a Saturday this year. We are sharing a few tips on how to throw a festive Halloween party that is fun for both kids and adults. Don’t be caught dead without a costume!
1. Send out a fun invitation like these Ouija Inspired Spirit Board Invites
2. Decorate your front porch or entry way with colorful Fall Mums, Pumpkins, Gourds and a few items like a scarecrow or these fun wicked witch legs
3. Now for the interior decor…if you have a mantle and fireplace, add some greenery like moss or garland with lanterns or a few candles. Have a fire going as well when guests arrive. Create a festive table for your cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. Take empty wine or glass bottles and fill them with long tapered candles. Using lots of dim lighting will give off that fun spooky vibe. Read more about how to make your house look haunted at Popsugar
4. If you have a few kids coming to your soirée, set up a space for them to do a pumpkin carving contest followed by an outdoor movie screening with a candy bar (weather permitting)
5. Now for the food & drink…Serve small but filling seasonal hors d’oeuvres and desserts like Butternut Squash, Ricotta and Preserved Lemon Crostini & Pumpkin Dirt Pudding. Make a signature cocktail like this ghoulish Black Widow.
Make sure your guests arrive in costume and have everyone place their vote for Best Costume. Announce the winner at the end of the night and hand out a prize. Enjoy!